Name (romaji): Wentz Eiji
Profession: Actor and singer
Birthdate: 1985-Oct-08
Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 170cm
Weight: 55kg
Star sign: Libra
Blood type: O
Family: Older brother (father is German-American)
Talent agency: Ever Green Entertainment (http://www.evergreen-e.com/)

TV Shows
Nodame Cantabile SP (Fuji TV, 2008)
Kirakira Kenshui (TBS, 2007)
Rondo (TBS, 2006)
Tadashii Renai no Susume (TBS, 2005)
Aatantei Jimusho (TV Asahi, 2004, ep3)
Fujiko Hemingu no Kiseki (Fuji TV, 2003)
Lion Sensei (NTV, 2003)
Gokusen (NTV, 2002, ep6)
Tantei Kazoku (NTV, 2002)
Toshiie and Matsu (NHK, 2002)
Kyuumei Senshi Nano Seibaa (NHK, 1995)

Movies
Gegege no Kitaro 2 (2008)
Gegege no Kitaro (http://www.gegege.jp/) (2007)
Captain Tokio (2007)
My Favorite Girl (2006)
Brave Story (2006)
Lovely Complex (http://www.lovecom-movie.com/) (2006)
Kamen Rider The First (http://www.maskedrider1st.jp/) (TOEI, 2005)

Trivia
JPop group: WaT
Born from a German-American father and a Japanese mother, Eiji is widely known as "the half-American who can only speak Japanese" as he was born and raised in Japan.
He graduated from Nihon University Sakuragaoka High School
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://watichiban.forumotion.com
snowballzz

Male Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:33 am

About Eiji

- The second child of a German-American father and a Japanese mother. He has very pale skin and hazel green (also have been called weak tea color, green, and gray-blue) eyes. However, since he was born and raised in Japan, and his only language is Japanese, he has developed a complex about his foreign appearance. Also, he is secretly self-conscious of the fact that he has pink nipples.

- The "Ei" of "Eiji" apparently comes from Segawa Eiko (a famous singer).

- He has a beauty that anyone can appreciate but prefers to have people focus on his comedian side.

- From a small age, he has had perfect manners and perfect usage of polite-speech, which caused the producer of the historic drama he appeared in, as well as others like Imada Kouji, to remark that his mastery of the Japanese language is "perfect" and "spot on."

- He has been courted and given love confessions by countless numbers of men. It also seems he's had times where he was approached by men who thought he was a women, and in the magazine "Funny Stories that Really Happened" there was a report from a male reader who had approached him by accident. Also, he has been frequently been called out to by host club workers.

- His close friends and his fans call him "Ei-chan." On Ainori, he gets called "Wenty."

- Because his parents both worked when he was little and he spent most of his time at his grandmother's house, he loves traditional Japanese food.

- His favorite foods are udon, unmilled rice, mentaiko, botan shrimp, nattou, cake, etc. In particular, he has called udon the "most delicious food in the world." His least favorite foods are scallops, the konbu seaweed in oden.

- His favorite alcohols are Awamori (Okinawa-style liquor) and Koshu (aged sake). When he gets drunk, he gets loud and cheery, but it's also been reported that he'll start off on very serious, heart-felt speeches.
He's afraid of heights and also doesn't like bugs. His weak point is his neck. He can swim almost 50 meters without taking a breath (because he doesn't know how to swim and breathe at the same time).

- When he's sleeping, it seems that he's completely still and quiet, like he's charging. Also, because he has low blood pressure, he has a very hard time waking up, and doesn't breathe at all, which makes him look like he's dead (according to Teppei).

- He has said he loves children and after he gets married, he wants four. He thinks that in the future, he'll be strict on his children. Also, he loves animals and keeps both a cat and a dog.

Personality

- Unlike his appearance, he's a young person who has the maturity of an old person.

- His personality is that of someone who is cheerful, kind, and likes to laugh and talk, but reportedly at home he is surprisingly quiet and basically a pessimist. Also, he does not do well when he gets complimented and is actually a really shy person.

- According to Teppei, he's "talkative, mature, and really shy." When Teppei compares him to an animal, it's either a falcon (always looking out for himself and whatever is around him) or a Siberian husky (because of the eye color and outward appearance).

- He is gentle and doesn't usually get angry (only about once a year). However, when he does get angry, it seems he's very scary.

- From his producers and co-stars, he is often called "polite," "serious," and "smart" and also has a stoic side. Also, it's often said that he's good at "reading a situation" (this is a reason why he gets many movie and drama offers). His co-star Miwa Akihiro has said of him, "He pretends like he's stupid but in reality he's very clever. He's not a dummy."

- It's not often talked about, but he has a surreal way of thinking. This was talked about in his Tensai Terebi-kun years and also by actor Itou Seikou.

- Unlike his image, which is that he's a very open person, he is actually secretive. During interviews, when the topic shifts to something deeply personal, he tends to skillfully use metaphors and similes to avoid answering the questions directly.

- He has pronounced himself an "M (masochist)."

- On Ainori, for some reason he often gives feminine opinions. Because of this, he often gets made fun of by both Imada and Hisamoto Masami.

- Sometimes his way of thinking or his gestures are girlish.

- He hates the phrase "Summer Love." According to him, "I don't understand the meaning of a love that would end in one summer."

- Though he doesn't seem to be conscious of it, it seems he often says "miracles don't happen by chance." In the theme song for the World Volleyball Championships, there's even a line that says "miracles just don't happen by chance." He has said things like "miracles happen because you try hard" and "people who don't try hard don't get miracles, people who don't try hard aren't lucky," both on television and in news articles. Because of that he's a hard worker, but he hasn't directly said so himself. However, he's been called "the silent worker" (in JUNON).

Interests

- From fifth grade he has practiced moxibustion.

- He loves music.

- He always carries a book in his bag with him. Lately he's been reading a book by Oota Hikari.

- He loves baseball and is well known for being a fan of the Seibu Lions. Also, it seems that his grandfather runs a batting center.

- In 2007, he threw the first pitch of the season for the pacific league in the game "Seibu v. Rakuten." About two years before in August of 2005, he wrote in his personal blog things like "I want to play baseball," "I love Seibu so much," and "From now on, I'll do my best to get shown at the first season of the game," and finally his wish was able to come true.

- Wentz, who has gone to so many games since he was a child, so the number "230" that he wore on his uniform when he threw the first pitch was actually the train fare that he had to pay to go one way from his house to the baseball stadium.

- He had the dream of becoming an NBA player and from elementary school to high school, he was a member of his school's basketball club. In high school he became swamped with showbiz work and had to give up playing, but after that
he joined a private club team. He was also in both the baseball club and the gymnastics club in elementary school.

- He loves all sports and keeps up on them all, from baseball to sumo.

- In the winter, he goes with selected friends to snowboard, and it seems he's quite skilled at it.

- He is a huge fan of the pro-golfer Miyazato Ai and on television and magazines is often throwing out her name. According to him, he just wants to show how much he respects her. On the segment of the show Tunnels no Minasan no Okage Deshita, "Shin Kuwazu Kirai Oukettesen" (aired January 11, 2007), he pleaded that if he won the competition, he would get Miyazato's mail address. However, the result of the show was a tie. Despite that, though, it seems that Miyazato gave her acceptance and told him her mail address.

- He is a Dragonball maniac and on an episode of Downtown DX he faced off against fellow maniac Enari Kazuki with a Dragonball trivia quiz, flooring their co-stars and the audience members with their knowledge. Also, on an episode of IQ Supli that he appeared in, he was mad because there was a Dragonball animation in which both Imada and Ishizuka Hidehiko made cameos and he did not.

Family

- His family consists of a father, mother, a brother who is 5 years older than him, and him. Other than Wentz, his other family members can all speak English.

- Wentz's parents didn't teach him English because "he is growing up in Japan" and also they "didn't want him to learn both languages only half way."

- His father is German-American and his eyes are green. His parents met right after his father had come to Japan, as they worked in the same company, and were soon married.

- Because his father only spoke English at that time, his mother went to ECC for English classes, and she became so good at English that she's won awards for it.

- Wentz's older brother looks very Japanese, and when the two of them are together, no one thinks that they are brothers. However, because he studied at ECC, he became fluent in English and has even studied at university in America. They are extremely close and Wentz loves his brother very much.

- When his father scolds him or his expression seems like he will, it seems that Wentz automatically answers "Yes... Yes..." in English.

- He has said "I can't find the 'speaking English' gene."

- Other than Wentz, all of his family members have birthdays where the number of the month is the same as the number of the day. (His mother's birthday is July 7, his brother's birthday is Feb. 2.) Because of that, Wentz's mother wanted to have Wentz be born on October 10, but in the end he came two days early. It seems that Wentz is disappointed that he wasn't born on October 10.

- Because both of his parents worked, Wentz spent a lot of time with his grandmother. She calls him "Ei-san."

- At his own apartment, he keeps a dog called Ozawa-kun. It's named after Ozawa from the member of the comedy duo, Speedwagon. It seems that the other member of Speedwagon, Itoda, bought a puppy for Ozawa as a present for moving into a new place, but that Ozawa actually hates dogs, and so gave Ozawa-kun to Wentz. He regularly calls him "Oza-kun." The breed of the dog is Wire Haired Miniature Dachshund.

- He also keeps a cat, Nana, at home. She was an abandoned cat that Eiji found when he was a kid, and in the beginning, he tried to keep her on his head (of course, he eventually gave up).

(TO BE CONTINUED)

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:34 am

Young Wentz

- Born October 8, 1985. When he was born, his hair was so blond that it was almost white, and it seems that as he's grown up, it's gotten darker and darker.

- Because he was blond when he was young, he got called names like "Blond Foreigner," "Non-Japanese" and was often pointed at. He has had experiences of being highly prejudiced against due to his foreign looks, as well as the fact that he was working in the entertainment industry. Keeping in mind that he also doesn't speak English, it can be seen that the conflict between who he is inside and what he looks like on the outside has given him quite a complex. When asked about this he hardly ever talks about it, instead answering cheerfully, "no matter what I do, this is how I am, so it can't worry about it." However, when asked the question "Are you bad at receiving compliments about your face?" he answered, "Sometimes I think... how can I get people to stop judging me by what I look like on the outside? I'd better improve my inside," so one can understand that he really does feel that conflict. It can be assumed that Wentz's passion to be known as a "comedian" came from this conflict. At age 19, he said, "The complex became my weapon. We don't know what can come to fruition in this life."

- In first grade, because of people looking at him, he became conscious that he was different. "I'm an American..." In third grade, when his English classes started, to bury the gap between how he looked and who he was, he studied English very, very hard. By forth grade, he realized he had absolutely no ability at all. "I can't speak English..." However, in sixth grade, though before then he'd always get laughed at when people noticed he was studying English, and he'd get upset when people talked about his foreign looks, he suddenly reversed his opinion. He was able to smile about it, thinking "my outside appearance is yummy," and moving on.

- In Elementary school, he'd put kids who he wanted to be friends with in a head lock.
Even from a young age he had the inclination to reject English, and when someone would say "hello" to him in English he'd answer back "konnichiwa" in Japanese. He doesn't know himself why this is, and says, "I think my parents were also bewildered."

- According to his mother, from the time he was small he loved to talk, and spoke well. In elementary school, he told his mother, "I want to be the center of the family!"

- Though they weren't tasty, as a habit he ate bugs when he was little. When his father saw that, he was surprised and angered, and said "Eiji, ate, firefly!" But because of the lack of fluency, Wentz couldn't understand (however, he did understand from his father's expression that he was mad, so he stopped eating bugs).

- Though they were strict on his older brother, Wentz's parents raised him under the principle of laissez faire. Also, once when his parents were mad at him and locked him out of the house, he doesn't know what he was thinking, but he took a nearby toy and smashed the glass so he could get back inside. Because of this, his parents were dumbfounded and thought "he's a little bit of a strange boy," but at the same time, they stopped being mad at him.

- In fifth grade, one day Wentz found out from a friend that on that day there'd be an abacus test at school. Because he hadn't studied, he escaped from the class room. Though he went straight home, when the school noticed that he'd disappeared, they called his mother at work, exclaiming, "Your son's been kidnapped!" There became quite a commotion.

- When he was in school, he got called "Stance" as a mean nickname (others include things like "Wentz-chester sauce")

- At a baseball game, because he was not a regular on the team, he sat out on the bench. At that time, the other team misunderstood why he was there and said, "They've got a foreign supporter on their team!" They were scared and thought that Wentz was the team's secret weapon.

- From first grade until sixth grade, he had one-sided affections for the same girl. In middle school, he thought he'd confess his love to her, but before he could, the girl transferred schools. (After she transferred, he got a letter from the girl saying "I liked you," so it was actually mutual feelings.)

- In his first year of high school, he gets hemorrhoids. The source of these hemorrhoids is unknown, but Wentz said, "I have them in the five o'clock position.

- He liked to trap himself in the space between the bed and the wall.

Work

- First work as a model at age 4. Began his work in the entertainment industry. Worked for the company "Sugar & Spice."

- After first appearing in many magazines and commercials, he was cast onto the hugely popular children's television show, Tensai Terebi-kun (he was a regular on that show for five years).

- His mother was not a stage mom so there were many times where he went to work by himself on the train.

- Appeared in the "First Annual Dandy Elementary Schooler Contest" on the show Tunnels no Sei de daradara Ikasete!

- After he finished Tensai Terebi-kun (age 14), he was quickly scouted by Johnny's Entertainment but for the reasons "I hate dancing" and "I like comedy" he turned the offer down. Also, the production company he had been working for went out of business, so he also retired temporarily. For one year, he lived a normal life. After that (age 15), he got an offer from his current production company. On a side note, Burning Productions took him up at the request of Go Hiromi, who had been keeping track of Wentz's activities.

Studies

- He loves horses, and had seriously considered going to jockey school. (In his elementary school graduation album, he wrote that he wanted to be a jockey.) However, in his three years of middle school, he grew 30 centimeters, so he had to give up.

- He did very well at school, and in high school he managed to rank as high as 8th out of 400 students. He loves language arts and math, and in particular he has said he finds Chinese literature interesting. Unfortunately, though, he has a very difficult time with English, and even failed some English tests. On the first English test he took in high school, though, because of his outward appearance, some students sitting around him copied off of him. When their results were bad, he said it was "divine punishment" because of cheating.

- He once had a part time job at Man to Man, the cram school that he also used to go to. He tutored in language arts and math.

- In his high school's cultural festival, he was on the action committee, in charge of setting up lights for the stage. He really loves to use his hands and construct things.

- He is the creator of a new method of studying, which he calls "naked studying." He felt that his desk was too tall, and couldn't properly concentrate, but at the same time, if he studied on the floor or in bed, he always fell asleep. So he began to study in his living room after everyone else in his family went to bed. Unfortunately, because it was late at night, he'd fall asleep too. That's why he thought about doing naked studying. He said that the reasons he decided to go naked were, "because I didn't know when my family would wake up, I had to stay alert," "when it was winter, it was cold and so I couldn't fall asleep," and "it was natural and the information just went into my head." (From an episode of Sanma! Odoru Goten!! he was on when he was 17 years old.)

- In his last year of high school, on the day of the practice for the graduation ceremony, he cried by himself. In his third (final) semester of school, he had been very busy with work and hadn't been able to attend very much, and that day had been his first attendance in a long time. Because of that he was afraid of his classmates and if they would make fun of him, but the fact that they hadn't changed at all and treated him as a good friend, mixed with the fact that he was sad about having to separate from them, he cried. However, at the actual ceremony, he didn't cry at all.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:36 am

Comedy Career

Character

- Other than his handsome looks, Wentz has the natural inclinations of a showman, so much so that he'll even show off his butt for the sake of getting a laugh. For this reason, it's said that he holds a position close to that of a young comedian. Also, because of that, it's also rumored that other young comedians are very intimidated by him.

- With his exotic half-Japanese beauty and because he has such a varied career since his late teens, he is going down an unprecedented road in the entertainment world as a multi-faceted entertainer.

- In an overwhelming amount of the variety programs he's on, in terms of talking his base character is that of a weak and masochistic person. He often cries, displays impatience, and has big reactions to things. Along with this, he sometimes shows his more surreal side as well.

- His knowledge and reverence for comedy is great, and he recognizes that his love for it comes from many famous people such as Akashiya Sanma, Sekine Tsutomu and Imada Kouji. Also, it seems that television producers have taken notice of his ability to assess himself and his sense of how to make people laugh, as when there is a position open for a young funny guy in a television show, he is often written at the top of the list of people that fit the description (broadcasting author Ebi Katsuya).

- He tapes and watches all of the television shows in which he has appeared. He likes to check what of the things he said during the taping were cut and which were used for the program. He analyzes the comment choices so that he can improve, and has so much aspiration it's almost scary (broadcasting author Ebi Katsuya).

- He's often scolded, "Why that much," or "You're going off on a tangent," or "Where are you going with this, Wentz?" but despite that, he doesn't worry about changing his topic of conversation.

His Comedy Master, Yamazaki Housei

- The person he respects the most is Yamazaki Housei. He has a student-teacher relationship with Yamazaki, and it's reported that every year they go together to the Sumidagawa fireworks display. They met when they appeared together on NHK's Tensai Terebi-kun, was very influenced by him, and has admired him from that time on.

- In the time when Wentz had temporarily retired from the entertainment industry (see the section "Work" in the section about his childhood), when the two of them went together to the fireworks display, Yamazaki was frank with Wentz about the fact that he was going to get married. It seems that out of anyone, Wentz was the first one he told, and also said "There's a baby in my wife's tummy. You're like my son, so when the baby is born, you'll have a baby sister." Wentz was so moved by those words that he decided he wanted to go back into the entertainment industry. Wentz said "If it wasn't for master [Yamazaki], I wouldn't be here today." It is apparent that Yamazaki's influence on Wentz is very big. (This information comes from an episode of Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ.)

- From Yamazaki, he was taught, "If you're ever in trouble, just use a big voice" (also, "if you're stuck, sing a song," etc.).

- His admiration for Yamazaki isn't just in words. Yamazaki's influence is also seen in a variety of Wentz's facial expressions.

- However, because to him Yamazaki "exists as a god" and he cannot often meet him directly, Wentz cites that he has other people who teach him face to face, like Imada Kouji, Miyasako Hiroyuki, and Shinagawa Hiroshi.

The Tensai Terebi-kun Years

- Starting in forth grade, in his 5 years as a regular on NHK's Tensai Terebi-kun, he co-starred together with such stars as Dachou Kurabu, Kya~in, and Yamazaki Housei.

- During his run on the show, though he wasn't yet a comedic character, he did gain much more popularity than his other cast members, enough that people would wait for his appearances. However, while he contained a naive innocence, he would sometimes make surprisingly tepid, surreal statements, and was very different than most children. When asked about how Wentz was at that time, Yamazaki Housei answered, "while he was a child, he could see everything very objectively."

- When asked by a small child about why, in a mini-series within Tensai Terebi-kun called "Kyuumei Senshi Nano Saber," the real life scenes switched to animation, he answered, "It's a problem of money and acting ability."
In his fifth and final year he was invited by Jimmy Mackey to go out to eat with some international friends, but he didn't go. When asked on the television show why he didn't, he answered with teary eyes, "It's because I can't speak English."

- There was a Tensai Terebi Musical with the plot of a half-Japanese who could only speak Japanese. When defending himself, his character's line was, "Well it's because I was born and raised in Musashino!"

- In a project called "Okay, Cheese!" where he had to go to Taiwan, even though Wentz talked in Japanese the whole time, he kept on getting joked at by an old Taiwanese guy who loved Japan, who said over and over, "Speak Japanese!"

High School Years

- After his comeback to the entertainment world, he is cast in the NHK historical drama and the number of variety television shows that he appears in keeps increasing.

- At age 16, with his first appearance on Odoru! Sanma Goten!!, he was shocked because he was so nervous that he didn't speak a word. After the shooting, the manager felt bad and took him to the champon ramen restaurant, Ringer Hut, to eat. However, Wentz was still so shocked that he threw up the champon that he ate. That became a trauma, and though he always loved champon before, to this day he is unable to eat it again.

- At age 17, he discussed his hemorrhoids on Odoru! Sanma Goten!! Later, that discussion won him an award from the show. Moreover, because of that Wentz became a regular on the show, which caused the host of the show, Akashiya Sanma, to remark "On this show, he's our only heartthrob!" This was almost directly one year after he had the champon incident.

- On Odoru! Sanma Goten!! after it was revealed that his "master of comedy" was his beloved Yamazaki Housei, he said that he'd like to become an entertainer just like Yamazaki. To that, Akashiya Sanma replied, "You, you'd better think about that long and hard. With your good looks, you're already set."

- In the history of Odoru! Sanma Goten!! he was the only young, hot actor to be cast. Also, he was the only high school student (age 17) to ever be cast. About Wentz, Akashiya Sanma said, "Every day he comes completely prepared with things to say about the topics we'll talk about. He's excellent."

- On a program called Testing the Limits of the People of the World, he had a section where he had to wear different kinds of things and go into the pool without being stopped by a lifeguard. He successfully entered while wearing a professional swimming style racing suit, a woman's bikini, and traditional Japanese underwear. However, he was stopped from entering when wearing a wet suit and white brief underwear.

After High School

- By the time he graduates high school, he's appeared in over 100 television shows.

- He has gotten some confidence in his reaction shots, and aims at getting picked to do things such as going bungee jumping or entering a boiling-water bath. He studied a lot from a Dachou Kurabu DVD. His adult goal is to be able to become very good at giving reaction shots.

- On an episode of Downtown DX, when Sekine Tsutomu was asked to name his rival, he said it was Wentz. He backed up his statement by saying "he's good at being an air-head," "his disposition is eerie," "he feels menacing to me." In his sleep, Sekine called out "W-Wentz!" and it said it really surprised his wife. (After that, Sekine often gave Wentz's name when he was asked about who his rivals were.)

- He is a member of the Comedian Bowling League. He won the right to participate in JAPAN CUP 2005, but because he was busy with shooting his afternoon drama, his spot went to the second place member in his bowling league, Hata Youku.

- He was told by the fortune teller Hosoku Kazuko "When you're 26, if you open a sports shop, it will prosper and you'll become rich."

- On the show Haneruno Tobira he went to a baseball stadium and squatted on the field in only his underwear. Like that he played a tambourine and stomped on the ground. Four months later, he dressed up like Francisco de Xavier, stripping down to his underwear again and kneeling on the ground, then doing a three-point hand stand.

- On a corner on Mecha x 2 Iketeru, called "Yabecchi Zushi," he ate sushi in his underwear. Later, he also was targeted in the feature "Mushi Ne o-KING" as the beautiful comedian, and had a stag beetle pinch both his nose and his nipple. He got the fifth best time, and in the end, while Ninetynine's Okamura Takashi teased his nipple, he screamed out the seemingly meaningless gag, "Abacus teacher!!" It can be noted that he was also wearing only his underwear that time, too.

- On Odoru! Sanma Goten!! he sited Wakatsuki Chinatsu as the variety talent who he considered a rival. He exclaimed, "I don't know how many years it will take, but I will become more interesting than Wakatsuki Chinatsu!!" (She also said that he was her rival, and countered back, "I'll smash you!")

- On an episode of Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ it was revealed that Wentz was once a member of the famous group of entertainers in the group "Yamamoto's Army" (it's a group of people picked by Yamamoto Seiichi, of the former comedy duo Gakuraku Tonbo). However, once in the group, he quickly retired from it. Shouji Tomoharu, from the comedy duo Shingawa Shouji, called him a "traitor." However, Wentz claims that it was because, when he went eating with Yamamoto's Army and Mr. Yamamoto, all of the talking was about women, and not very interesting for him, because he had hoped that there'd be more talk about comedy.

- Once, when he slipped up during the filming of a television show and got depressed about it, Shinagawa Shouji's Shinagawa Hiroshi told him "You're an idol, so you shouldn't get so worried about it!" Wentz replied emotionally, "I don't want to want to fall into the trap of becoming a talent who just shows a normal-looking face the whole show and then goes home!"

- When he wrote a mail message to Shinagawa saying that he messed up, he got a reply saying, "Even if you say you messed up, it was just a little mess up, right?" In response to that, Eiji answered, preaching to Shinagawa, even though Shinagawa is older than him, "There's no such thing as a "little mess up" or a "big mess up!" A mess up is a mess up! Once you've thought about that, please fix your message and send it again."

- The first time he rode the New York subway, he got a metro card. He still carries it in his wallet, because he likes the English writing on the back. However, he does not understand what the writing means.

(STILL TO BE CONTINUED =XX)

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:36 am

Adult career

- At age 21, he reported that his hopes for the future were "to keep on living" and "to have plenty of work to keep him occupied."

- On WaT's first appearance on Kouhaku Uta Gassen, they had their microphones knocked down by a moving camera man. In that time, Wentz didn't lose his cool and kept singing without so much as a flinch. The audience, moved by this, clapped in time with the music, and eventually the microphones were returned to their original positions. When asked about this, Wentz says it's not really a good memory for him, but there was a lot of people who said because Wentz loves comedy, that the "comedy god fell down on him."

- In the 2006 WaT Live performance, Wentz played the character "Miyoshi," the guide of a suicide cult who dressed in a tight black body suit with a strange protuberance coming out of his head, and party glasses, who yelled out things like "Ah! Lick lick lick lick lick!" Much of this performance was adlib, and all of it drew laughs from the audience, which prompted Messenger Kuroda (Wentz's co-star from Barioku!) to exclaim on a radio show, "He's already a comedian!"

- He was cast for such popular shows as Ponkicki and Ainori. From Ponkicki, which is aimed at young children, to D no Gekijou, which is aimed at middle aged ladies, he stars in a broad range of show types. In Ponkicki, a children's show which also contains segments like Thomas the Tank Engine and the Yellow Prickles, he easily fit in with famous characters Gachapin and Mukku, becoming a popular character with children. Also, as he appears on Nounai Esute IQ Supli, a show popular among a wide age group, making him all the more popular.

- Mitani Kouki (a playwright, script writer, and actor) wrote an essay entitled "Wentz, Do Your Best! The Future of Japanese Comedy Depends on You!" Says Mitani, "I've never seen another entertainer with such a good sense of if he 'failed' or 'delivered' to get laughs in his own comments." (Taken from the November 9, 2006 Edition of Mainichi Newspaper in an article called "Mitani Kouki's Mundane Life.")

- At age 21, was rated number one in the goo online celebrity rankings "male celebrity with the most charming lips," "celebrity who seems the most likely to cry at his graduation ceremony," and "celebrity who I'd like to have as my junior."

- The nickname "Horaccho," which was given to him on Utaban (and is rumored to have come from a name given to Wentz by the neighborhood kids when he was younger), has shown up other places. This includes when he was cheering for the World Volleyball Championship, where people called out "Horaccho!" and had fans with the name written on it. He was also called "Horaccho" by Nakai Masahiro (who is one of the hosts of Utaban) during the 2006 Kouhaku Uta Gassen. At that time, Nakai was also acting as MC of the famous musical program. After WaT performed, Nakai called out, "Teppei-kun, Horaccho! Thank you very much!"

- In 2007, Wentz was selected to appear in the commercial for the underwear brand, B.V.D., which was launching a new brand new line called "B.V.D.®️ Body Gear." In that commercial, he appeared in a number of different colors of underwear while jumping around dramatically. Says Wentz, "the underwear curse was broken."

Acting Career

- At age 9, he made his acting debut as Chip in Beauty and the Beast. He continued this job for more than a year and a half. To this day, Wentz loves the theatre and often goes to see plays and musicals.

- At age 16, he was cast in the NHK historical drama Toshiie Tomatsu as Mori Ranmaru. It was rare for such an unknown to be cast in such an important role, but at the time the producer said, "He's polite and uses proper Japanese very well. Added to that is the fact that he is handsome young man with an icy type of beauty. The number of scenes he had was limited but it seems he is often studied closely by other people who have played the role of Ranmaru since. For the role, he had to apply skin tone makeup and color contacts to hide his white skin and hazel eyes.

- He had the strong desire to play one of the popular action heroes in Kamen Rider, and even auditioned twice for the show. However, both those times, he did not get chosen. In 2005, his dream was granted as got a part in the special move Kamen Rider THE FIRST. He played an extremely important part in the movie, but was unfortunately not an actual hero.

- At age 19, he had his first leading role in the afternoon romance drama Tadashii Renai no Susume. In this drama, he had such notable scenes as a kiss with another guy and a romance with a woman old enough to be his mother.

- He had a one-cut role in the movie Love Con, which starred Koike Teppei as the male lead. For this small role, he played a cheer girl and had to put on woman's make up and do his hair up in pink bows. He calls this character the "Dancing Yoshiko Teacher" but he is credited in the end credits as "Dogesa."

- In 2007, he had his first lead role in a motion picture with the film Captain Tokio.

- Also n 2007, he played the title character Kitarou, in the movie Gegege no Kitarou. Feeling stress over getting such an important role, he lost more than 10 pounds in the one month of filming.

Modeling Career

- At age 4, he made his modeling debut after being invited by a friend to go to the park. He was often called on because of his angelic, pure looks and appeared in many magazines as well as commercials for famous products such as "Tinkerbell" and "Mori no Mizu da yori" (a brand of spring water). He was also chosen to model for LUNA SEA's music video "IN SILENCE." The setting of the music video was a beach with dead crows. Apparently, he had to hold a real dead crow in his hand, which he he said, "was a tough experience for me because I'm not fond of birds."

- At age 14, he was chosen to be in a commercial for the spring water brand Mori no Mizu da yori, entitled "Mori no Mizu da yori ~Beautiful Boy version." The makers of that commercial went all around Asia, having auditions in Shanghai, Taiwan, Beijing, and Japan. The reason he was chosen out of so many was that "his eyes impressive." (The shooting of the commercial was in New Zealand.)

- In 2006, at age 20, he went to the Cannes Film Festival to promote the animated movie Brave Story. While there, on the way home from a party, he was scouted by a writer from the French high fashion magazine, "Jalouse."
His schedule was too busy and so he had to turn down the offer and return home, but a few days later the magazines' staff offered to fly to Japan to do a shoot. It seems that the clothes he was to wear, Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior, were lined up in one phone call. These brands are famous for denying the use of their clothes to a limited number of magazines, but because the magazine "Jalouse" is such a high level publication, they had no trouble getting the clothes at all.

- The journalist who scouted Wentz, Alexandra Sénés, is also the editor-in-chief of the magazine, and has made models of such actors as Leonardo DiCaprio and Gael Garcia Bernal. About why she picked Wentz, Sénés said, "he as just as handsome as them [DiCaprio and Bernal] but he has the confidence that he's not just a pretty face, either. I've seen many people in my life, but I've never seen someone like him before."

- At the time he was being scouted, Wentz was shocked, thinking maybe it was a joke, and answered gayly, "Hah hah, okay, okay!" This proceeded to confuse the interpreter, who wondered why he was answering so correctly to the French.
The day after his modeling had been announced, Wentz wrote in his online diary, "Now I've been given the honor of being able to appear in a good magazine, and from now, continuing onto my next jobs, I want to keep myself fresh and together." Because such serious words differed so much from his established comedic personality, he began to be seen as something of a mystery.

- When the magazine was published, Wentz, unknown overseas, was given rave reviews. People said that in the four pages of his fashion spread he was "beautiful" and "proper looking." (As a side note, Hollywood actress Kikuchi Rinko of BABEL also appeared in this magazine.)

Music Career

- Started learning the piano at age 7 (however, he soon switched over to keyboard, which he used until he was in high school). At age 10, he started to play the bass. During WaT's street performances, he played the accoustic bass and the keyboard. He only started to learn the guitar at age 17.

- For WaT's 4th single, "Bokura no Love Story" he played the piano to accompany his own singing.

- He uses his piano (keyboard) to create songs, and it seems he does a lot of his composition in the bathroom. Songs like "Otonashi" from the album "Sotsugyo TIME ~ Bokura no Hajimari ~" was written in one trip to the bathrom.

- He is a huge fan of Mr. Children and THE YELLOW MONKEY. He also loves Kuroyume and L'Arc~en~Ciel. He is such a big fan of Mr. Children that he even owns the poetry book that the vocalist, Sakurai Kazutoshi, published. He also has a Mr. Children poster hanging on the wall of his room. As for THE YELLOW MONKEY, he says that he knows all of the performances on their DVD by heart. He idolizes the vocalist Yoshii Kazuya, and secretly boasts about the fact that they share the same birthday, October 8. He's also been to many of his concerts. In one of WaT's street performances, he covered the song "So Young" and also has all of his cellphone ringtones set to songs by Yoshii. On his own blog, Wentz often mentions things about Mr. Children and Yoshii such as "Today my beloved Mr. Yoshii will be on television," showing that he's a huge fan. He's an acquaintance of Yoshii, who once said on a radio program, "Someday I want to make him an erotic song to sing." Supposedly, when Wentz heard this, he got too excited to even speak.

- It seems that he loves bands, and in his teens often went to live houses. The DJ K-tarou of the radio show Recommen! has commented "I saw him probably once a week at a live house."

- He says he likes what he likes. In 2006, he commented in both his blog in magazines that he loved the songs "Ketsui no Asa ni" by Aqua Timez and "Kitto Daijyoubu" by Arashi. When he talks about songs he likes, he says things like "I love it" and "It's such a good song" just like any regular fan.

- He owns an iPod but for some reason prefers to use his beloved Minidisc Player.

- Wentz teamed up with Gachapin and Mukku to sing (and dance to) the song "Lucky de Happy" for Ponkicki. The song was cheoreographed by Rakkii Ikeda.

- On April 25, 2007, Wentz made his solo debut with the theme song for Gegege no Kitarou, "Awaking Emotion 8/5."

WaT

- Since 2002, he has been working with Koike Teppei as the duo WaT.

- In 2004 WaT (which stands for Wentz and Teppei) made their indies debut. In 2005, they made their major label debut.
The instruments he plays for WaT include: guitar, bass, keyboard / piano, and tambourine.
Wentz is close to Teppei in real life, and the two of them often meet in private, doing things like going out to eat or going to the movies together.

- More than music, Wentz hopes that his future will travel down road of the comedic entertainment. However, he hates the idea of abandoning Teppei, so he will continue with WaT as long as Teppei wants. (Taken from WaT's November 2005 appearance on Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ.)

- Just 2 months after their major debut, WaT was chosen to appear on Kouhaku Uta Gassen, making them the newest band to appear in the program's history. While waiting for their performance, Wentz did a head stand on the sofa in the waiting room. Also, just before the program started as everyone was walking to the set, he had a calming, friendly chat with Kitajima Saburou (a famous singer and actor). Kitajima kindly held him by the arm and said, "Let's go together!"

- It seems that as soon as Teppei finds out what fashion brands Wentz likes, Teppei goes to buy clothes from the same brand. Wentz doesn't like when their clothing brands overlap, though. So, he tries to keep the names of the brands he likes a secret from Teppei. (Taken from JUNON.)

Associates

- Most of the people that Wentz lists as his friends are comedians who are older than him. However, he's also mail friends with people like Matsuzaga Daisuke of the Boston Red Socks, so it is believed that he has a very broad network of friends.

- As they appear together in both Ainori and Nounai Esute IQ Supli, it seems that Wentz is also quite good friends with Imada Kouji in private. Wentz calls Imada "Oniisan [big brother]." On IQ Supli, they often talk about meeting together at the sushi restaurant next to the Fuji Television studios, "Sushikou." Also, there was an incident in which once, at Imada's house, Wentz made a mistake in separating the garbage and Imada got mad at him.

- He often gets advice from Shinagawa Hiroshi (Shinagawa Shouji) and Miyasako Hiroyuki (Ameagari Kesshitai) on what career choices he should make (reported on Hanataka Tengu). Because Miyasako is not only a comedian, but an actor as well, when Wentz was offered the part of a lead in his afternoon drama, he went to consult Miyasako about right away.

- As both of them are big fans of the Seibu Lions, he is on very good terms with announcer Ogura Tomoaki. Ogura has invited Wentz both to his house and to the store which he owns, and it also seems that Ogura's wife absolutely loves him. Of Wentz, Ogura has said, "he's a very smart boy" and "I'd like to adopt him as my own son" (from Oshareism and Tokudane). Also, they went together to the Seibu Dome to the Good Will Games.

- He has such a good flow with Ooizumi You that they are often labeled as a comedy duo, "WaO." They also are good friends in private and exchange joking emails in which they make fun of each other. About Wentz, Ooizumi has said "He's actually very clever" and "Even though we're far apart in age, for some reason it feels like we're not." The two of them worked together in both Brave Story and Gegege no Kitarou.

- He is supposedly on great terms with both the comedy duos Speedwagon and Unjash. When WaT had their major debut and Unjash's Kojima Kazuya first heard that Wentz was doing music, he was stunned. "Well, all he ever talks about when we go out to eat is comedy, you know?" said Kojima.

- He's a rival with model and talent Wakatsuki Chinatsu, but it seems they're also pretty good friends. (On Wakatsuki's blog, she made a post about the 5 people she's secretly friends with, and Wentz was one of them.) He's also good friends with singer and talent Ken Naoko. They work together on D no Gekijou and also both appeared on the drama Kirakira Kenshuui.

- He is friends with actor Suetaka Tomu and goes to him for advice. They acted together on the drama Lion-sensei.

wentipedia, Wentz Eiji, retrieved 16 December 2008, from http://wentipedia.livejournal.com/

Japan Wikipedia, ウエンツ瑛士, retrieved 16 December 2008, from http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ウエンツ瑛士

Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:00 am

WOW..sugei..very detail na~haha
whre did u get this??
neway,tnx!yay..i can know more about eiji~
Back to top Go down
snowballzz

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:28 am

yes its super super detailed!
haha look up!
citations in my previous post.
wentipedia.
cheers

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:40 am

LOL..
He seems to have conflicts about his ouside appearance na..hahaha

wentipedia??whoah~sugoi..hahaha..I wonder whose one? lol!
Back to top Go down
AmandaWentz

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:23 am

i wonder if he has a gf
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/demonic_angel_here_baby
Bihachan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:29 am

AmandaWentz wrote:
i wonder if he has a gf
maa~I wonder that too~
haha~he probably waiting for Snow ~LOL

*Gnbatte snow! lol!
Back to top Go down
AmandaWentz

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:37 am

who's snow?
i thought you meant snow as in the winter "snow"
Back to top Go down
snowballzz

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:58 am

LOL. erm, I'm the "Snow", apparently.
Welcome, Amanda~
Here's another Wentz supporter!
XD

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:02 am

ahaha..snow aka ballball.I used to call her that,mm,,but too long,so,my i just write snow~lol
But i hope to call her ballball again,haha~u can call her that as well^^..it's kawai ne??haha~gomen snow*runs*~
Back to top Go down
snowballzz

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:07 am

*runs after bibi with a baseball bat*

yes. same for "bibi-baachan".
yoroshiku ne~

Female Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:07 pm

ohayoo minna..hehehe

i missed visiting eiji room's now..

you two are fighting here?..arent you?..

hehe..let me jOin you..

*run's fast and join snow running after biha holding a baseball bat*

LOLz..no other thing to do..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmandaWentz

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:51 am

oh sorry snowballz
Back to top Go down
snowballzz

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:56 am

NO PROBLEM!
why say sorry?
hahahaha!

Kawai kohei
Kawai kohei

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:36 pm

thanks for sharing!
waa... there are SO many thing i didn't know about eiji. now i love him even more ^^
haven't found many subbed videos of eiji in youtube, but judging by the few i've seen, he's so funny! i'm sure he'll be one the greatest comedians in japan (well, he's great now ^^)

he's so talented... didn't know he can play so many instruments >_< love that
and he's an artist from a very young age!
i'm surprised ^^

he rocks!!

WaT rocks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evbon

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:20 pm

have you tried to search for ei-chan doramas in MYSOJU ren-chan?
hehe..can i call you that way?>.<

Kawai kohei
Kawai kohei

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:48 pm

what's myosuju? i'm not a fan of doramas, but i'd like to watch eiji's acting skills

ren-chan? haha! that's new!
my friends use to call me karen or kai, so... i don't know... you can call me ren-chan or kai, or karen, i don't mind
ren-chan sounds cute ^^
how should i call you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evbon

PostSubject: Re: Eiji's Profile   Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:23 am

hai ren-chan..arigatou..
ooh..it's mysoju.com^^

*Nodame Cantabile*

i guess it's ei-chan latest dorama..